ANNABELLE DOODLES OF NEW ENGLAND CONTRACT & HEALTH WARRANTY
(Annabelle Doodles has first choices of any puppies in any litter.)
335 Lebanon Road North Berwick, Maine 03906 (207) 676-5579
This agreement is between (Seller) Joyce or Carl Tabor and it is agreed between Seller and Buyer:
1. DESCRIPTION OF DOG - The pup sold to the above Buyer according to the terms of this agreement is:
Sex:_____ Whelped:____ /____ /____ Color____________Name: ____________________________
Litter of: __________________________________________________________________________
2. CONDITIONS OF SALE & VACCINATIONS
The seller guarantees that at the time of pick up said puppy is healthy. Buyer is required to have said pup inspected by their vet within seven (7) days to verify the pup is in good health and to have a stool sample checked. Should dog be found to be in poor health of a serious nature, Seller will refund purchase price in full plus reasonable transportation fees to have pup returned. PLEASE NOTE: This check up is for your vet and you to check over the puppy and the stool sample. NO VACCINES OF ANY TYPE at this time! Your pup should be scheduled for their second DVP vaccine at 12 weeks - no earlier as to do so may compromise their immune system and will null and void this contract. No Heartguard related products or Flea/Tick products may be given at the same time as a vaccine - you must wait a week.. The Rabies vaccine is highly suggested to do at 6 months (or as close to that time as possible) and without any other vaccine or chemical application. This allows the pup's immune system to have some recovery time. To do vaccines earlier than what is suggested may result in the buyer forfeiting any compensation for vet bills or refunds. I do not suggest a Lyme vaccine unless you will be taking your pet to PROVEN highly infected areas.
If Buyer should decide at a later time, they are not satisfied with dog, dog must be returned to Seller at Buyer's expense. A refund will be given minus any expenses incurred by breeder to assess dog once returned. Proof of testing expenses will be mailed to Buyer along with partial refund.
No refund will be given nor will this warranty be valid if Buyer does not comply with breeder's requirements for a successful companion specifically: being properly socialized AND providing proof for completion of two full courses of puppy/dog obedience classes before the pup's first birthday. Under no circumstances will a refund be made because a dog did not fall within a size catagory, color or coat type. Although all attempts are made to accommodate your 'cosmetic' request, health and temperament are primary. We cannot control hybrid canine genetics!
The following conditions apply to the sale of the dog named above:
- The buyer has up to SEVEN (7) days from the time of receipt of dog to have dog examined by a veterinarian. Any request to return the dog to the Seller for a full refund must be made within this time period and may only be requested should the dog prove to be seriously sick upon arrival. Proof of examination must be provided to seller. This guarantee will be terminated immediately if dog is not examined within the allotted time.
- A warranty against all serious life altering genetic disease is provided for two years from date of birth and must be determined by up to three veterinarians which can include yours, mine and a third objective vet, if necessary.
- There is NO warranty with regard to skin/food/environment allergies. We have no control of the area your pup may be in, the food you choose to feed, or the places you go. Allergies in dogs (like people) can develop at any time.
- Nor will we refund or discount a puppy with a minor Grade 1 or 2 underbite - as long as this minor defect does not interfere with chewing or the general well being of the puppy/dog. We will discount any puppy who has a Grade 3 or 4 underbite. Unfortunately, these are recessive genes that can occur and cannot be tested for prior to breeding. Another common condition in Australian Labradoodles is base narrow canines (BNC). It usually resolves as the puppy ages. BNC is NOT covered under this contract except when the adult tooth is growing into the soft palate. If an adult tooth is growing into the soft palate, the cost of filing up to $200 will be refunded for each canine that is filed. If discount is given and accepted by buyer, this warranty EXCLUDES coverage for any future mouth or teeth issues.
- A warranty against debilitating HD (Hip Dysplasia) is provided for two years from date of birth. The guarantee for HD will be terminated should dog be allowed to become overweight determined by documented veterinary standards (vet records will be required); or be involved in any physical trauma that could cause lameness/injury of any type or duration. Should dog be found to have debilitating HD within its first two years, buyer must provide seller with proof in the form of documentation from the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals or PennHIP. The OFA or PennHIP
x-rays must document that anesthesia was used for the diagnosis. We reserve the right to have a veterinarian of our choice confirm the results before a replacement, refund or surgery for correction (limited to monies paid for the pup/dog) is made. Please note that if surgery is chosen ADNE will pay said amount directly to the vet performing the operation. If pup/dog is overweight, ADNE is released from this obligation. Buyer, please initial: ________________________.
- Warranties shall apply only to original purchaser. Transfer of dog ownership shall void all such provisions of this agreement.
Under no circumstances shall the Seller be liable to the Buyer or to any third party (i.e. vet) for a dog which has been subjected to abuse, accident, negligence or misuse. Also, under no circumstances shall the seller be liable for any consequential incidental or special damages resulting from or in any manner related to the dog.
- Upon execution of this contract all veterinary care and its associated costs are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the buyer. It is highly recommended that Buyer purchase a quality animal health care plan to help defray routine or emergency veterinarian costs. ADNE's liability for any health, temperament, emotional, structural or genetically perceived issue is limited to the cost of the pup ($2,750.00). Sign: _________________________________ Date:____________
Buyer agrees to maintain this dog in good health through certified Alternative or Traditional methods. Routine preventative health care includes minimal innoculations and safe parasitic control products as well as necessary medications or holistic modalities. Using single vaccines is encouraged rather than multiple vaccines. I also encourage that you minimize COMBINING vaccines with flea/tick meds or Heartguard, etc at the same time. Puppies immune systems are not mature until they are around 6 months. (Using COMFORTIS, TRIFECTIS FLEA & TICK as well as NEXGARD) will void this warranty as these products have been associated with deaths). This also includes responsible grooming and coat maintenance. Veterinary records must be provided to breeder if requesting refund, repair or replacement. If any of the above preventative care has not been provided, health warranty will be void.
Please sign: ________________________________________
3b. Two full Dog Obedience Courses in the first year are required for the benefit of both dog and owner (s). A waiver may be made if Buyer provides a written statement from a trainer indicating Buyer is both knowledgeable and has training skills for a successful training protocal.
3c. All pups will be sterilized prior to leaving ADNE. A traditional neuter or spay is done on all miniature puppies. Medium size pups, which tend to have more boning and bulk, have a vasectomy for the males and Ovary Sparing Surgery called OSS for the females. This permits all the hormones to continue benefiting the organs, bones, brain, cellular integrity and muscular development but also permits 'intact' behavior. Neither can produce pups. In the males, the sperm is non-productive; in the females - removal of the uterus eliminates the possibility of pups along with no bleeding. It is your option to do a full neuter or spay if you choose at a later time. I highly recommend a full year of growth before making this decision.
4. FULL AND FINAL AGREEMENT
The parties agree that this writing represents the entire Agreement between them and that no other representations, either oral or written have been made regarding the dog described above. The parties further agree that no changes in this contract shall be binding upon either of them without written modifications signed by both parties.
If this agreement has not been signed , then warranty is void and breeder is released from all contractual obligations. Puppy deposits may be returned anytime at the discretion of the breeder. Applicants/depositors and breeder all agree that any return of deposit means that any and all verbal or implied agreements to sell a puppy to that depositor/applicant are now terminated.
Any disputes will be heard in the legal courts of York County Maine.
Buyer agrees that he/she understands this contract fully.
SELLER'S Signature: ___________________________________________ Date:________________
BUYER'S Signature: ____________________________________________ Date: _______________